👀What Do I need?
- How recent does the information need to be?
- How much information do you need?
- Where would experts share information (online? journals? books?)
💭Is this Credible?
Review the information provided about the author and the item’s creation & editing process.
- Who is the primary audience?
- What do other sources say?
- Did anyone verify the information?
- What evidence does the creator present?
⏲️What is available?
Quality sources take time to create. The Information Life Cycle dictates when different types of sources (books, articles, news, tweets) are available after an event occurs or facts are discovered.
🧍Who Knows about this?
- Do they have an advanced degree (PhD, MD)?
- Do they have professional experience?
- Do they have personal experience of an event?