Once you add your sources into Zotero, check the data for mistakes before creating citations.
If you find a mistake, Click on the item from the list, then double click the field, in the box on the right side pane, to edit.
- Check the item type is correct. Click the label to see a list of options.
- All CAPS, extra letters, bold, italics, or extra spaces will show up in citations. Fix those now.
- Check for missing information, such as DOIs for articles & ebooks.
- Make sure any URLs are permalinks.
✏️In-Text Citations & References
Free Microsoft Office 365 is available to all students and faculty.
🖥️Instructions for MS Word PC users
⚕️Add More Styles
If your course is using APA 6th edition, or AMA Citation style, you will have to add that into Zotero.
- Open Zotero preferences (on Mac, Zotero menu/preferences; on Windows, Edit menu/preferences).
- Click on the “Cite” tab, then the “Styles” sub-tab.
Click the link that says “get additional styles” in that tab.
- Find the style you need, and click on it to load it into Zotero.