Welcome to the Art & Art History Subject Guide.
Audience: CUAA students in undergraduate art courses.
Help Available: Contact librarians with Ask a Librarian, call 734-995-7454, or stop by the reference desk on-campus.
How to Use: Click a tab to learn more.
Arts & Humanities Database (ProQuest)
Access to contemporary specialist art titles as well as journals from related fields including ethnic studies, women’s studies, sociology, cultural studies, and more.
Humanities International Complete (Ebsco)
Provides full text of hundreds of journals, books and other published sources from around the world. HIC includes data from American Humanities Index and Humanities International Index plus almost half a million full-text articles.
Search for books and ebooks in Primo.
For General instructions: Finding Books Guide
Library of Congress Call Numbers
N Visual Arts
NC Drawing & Design
NK Decorative Arts
Language of art from A-Z: write in plain English
|Main Stacks N33 .l346 1997|
|A Dictionary of Arts & Artists||REF N31 M8|
|Grove Encyclopedia of Islamic Art & architecture||REF N6260 .G76 2009|
- Art Discovery Group Catalogue (European Art)
- Google Art Project (images organized by artist or collection)
- ArtSTOR Public Collections
- Art Images for College Teaching (AICT)
- Web Gallery of Art (European painting and sculpture 12th to mid-19th centuries)
- New York Public Library Digital Gallery
- Europeana Art Database
- Internet Archive (images from websites)
- Andy Warhol Photography Archives (New York City arts, culture & celebrities 1976-87)