Welcome to the Criminal Justice Subject Guide.
Audience: CUAA undergraduate and graduate students in Justice & Policy courses.
Help Available: Contact your librarian with Ask a Librarian, call 734-995-7454, or stop by the reference desk on-campus.
How to Use: Click a tab to learn more.
Opposing Viewpoints in Context (Gale)
Covering today’s hottest social issues. Includes pro/con viewpoint essays, topic overviews, primary source documents, biographies of social activists and reformers, court-case overviews, periodical articles, statistical tables, charts and graphs, images, and podcasts.
Criminal Justice Specific
Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text (Ebsco): more than 320 full-text magazines and journals and index of 600 journals from around the world. Topics: criminology, criminal justice, corrections and prisons, criminal investigations, forensic sciences, and substance abuse and addiction.
Criminal Justice Database (ProQuest) Comprehensive database supporting research on crime, its causes and impacts, legal and social implications, as well as litigation and crime trends. The database bridges theory with practice by providing information geared to those interested in careers in criminal justice, law enforcement, corrections, drug enforcement, rehabilitation, family law, and industrial security – as well as scholars and other researchers.
WestlawNext: cases; statutes and court rules; regulations; administrative decisions and guidance; trial court orders; secondary sources; forms; briefs; pleadings, motions, and memorandum; expert materials; jury verdicts and settlements; proposed and enacted legislation; and proposed and adopted regulations.
Looking for some suggestions for Primo or databases? Try one of these keywords or phrases related to your topic.
“Administration of Corrections”
You can search for journal articles in Primo and library databases (see databases tab).
Finding Journal Articles: detailed instructions for finding and accessing electronic and print journal articles.
- American Criminal Law Review
- American Journal Of Criminal Law
- Criminal Justice Ethics
- Criminal Justice Review
- Federal Sentencing Reporter
- New Criminal Law Review
- New England Journal on Criminal And Civil Confinement
Finding Journal Articles By Journal Title in Primo
- Open E-Journals Search
- Search for the Journal’s Title.
- Click on the Journal title in the search results.
- Search inside the journal for keywords on the journal page.
Search for books and ebooks in Primo.
For General Instruction: Finding Books Guide
Library of Congress Call Numbers
HV 6001-7221 Criminology
HV 7231-9960 Criminal justice administration
HV 7431 Crime prevention
HV 7551-8080 Police
HV 8301-9921 Prison
|Encyclopedia of Crime And Justice||Ebook|
|Violence in America: an Encyclopedia||HN 90 .V5 v54 v.3|
|World of Criminal Justice||Ebook|
- International Criminal Justice (ACJS)
Information Resources from the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences (ACJS)
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service
federally funded resource offering justice and drug-related information to support research, policy, and programs worldwide.
- National Archive of Criminal Justice Data
Complied data from the National Crime Victimization Survey.
- United States Department of Justice
Federal government’s facts and figures on all crime that effects Americans.
- Campbell Corporation Online Library
A non-profit organization that provides systematic reviews and evidence-based research summaries.
- Criminal Justice Research Alliance
(CJRA) is a centralized resource of authoritative experts and scholarly research studies on crime and criminal justice issues.
- Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy (CEBCP)
George Mason University’s research center for rigorous studies in criminal justice and criminology
- Department of Homeland Security
A cabinet department of the United States federal government responsible for public security
- Michigan State Police
Careers, crime statistics & reports, news, professional development resources
- MICR: Michigan Incident Crime Reporting statistics
- Bureau of Justice: Data about US law enforcement, prison, parole and probation, and courts
- National Crime Victimization Survey: Personal & household crime data 1973- from the US Dept. of Justice.
- International Crime Victims Survey: United Nations survey of crime and safety in the European Union.