Academic Search Complete (EBSCOhost) Comprehensive scholarly, multi-disciplinary full-text database, with full-text periodicals, including peer-reviewed journals. Indexing and abstracts for journals monographs, reports, conference proceedings, etc.
ProQuest Central Coverage of over 160 subject areas, including business and economics, health and medical, education, news and world affairs, and more.
Federal Government Sponsored Education Database. Journal articles, government reports, and more. Filter by education or grade level.
Education Database (ProQuest)
Coverage spans the literature on primary, secondary and higher education as well as special education, home schooling and adult education.
Education Source (Ebsco)
Scholarly research and information covering all levels of education and all educational specialties such as multilingual education, health education, and testing.
Fiction and Non-fiction content for students with assigned reading levels
Career & Technical Education Database (ProQuest)
Vocational information and career research resources
Search for books and ebooks in Primo.
For General instructions: Finding Books
Library of Congress Call Numbers
LB Theory & Practice (Teaching & Administration)
LC Special aspects (Subjects, School types, types of students)
|Encyclopedia of Law & Higher Education||REF KF 4225 .A68 E53 2010|
|Special Education Law||Reserves KF 4210 .R68 2014|
|Harper’s Encyclopedia of Religious Education||REF BV 1461 .H37|
Looking for some suggestions for learning activities and lesson plans? Many museums, book publishers, and non-profits offer free materials for teachers on their website.
- The Learning Network (New York Times)
- History Lesson Plans & Class Materials (Library of Congress)
- Michigan History (Historical Society of Michigan)
- Language Arts Lessons & Ideas (Scholastic)
- LitCharts (Book guides, poetry guides, Shakespeare)
- National Center for Case Studies Teaching Science (grade 6 & up)
- Science Teaching Resources from NAST (K-12)
- Read Write Think (K-12 Lesson plans, learning objectives, Apps, videos)
- Vocabulary.com (vocabulary lists for books & current events)
Education Trade Magazines: magazine written by teachers and administrators for teachers and administrators.
They are a great way to obtain advice and classroom-tested ideas. Magazines usually target a specific subject or grade focus (early childhood, elementary, middle, or secondary teachers).
At CUAA Library, they are available in Print & in Education Databases.
HOW TO FIND THEM:
In Advanced Search, choose the Source type:
HOW TO FIND THEM:
In Advanced Search, choose the Publication type:
Some of these titles will have more issues available in print, so check Primo as well.
- American Biology Teacher
- American Music Teacher
- Art Education
- Arts & Activities (Art Education)
- Choices (Teen Health)
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Education Update (School Administration)
- Education Week
- Educational Leadership
- Exchange (Early Childhood Edu)
- Geography Teacher
- Green Teacher (Environmental Edu)
- Instrumentalist (Band Directors)(Print only)
- Mathematics Teaching in Middle School
- New Teacher Advocate
- NAEA News (Print only)
- NSTA Reports (Science)
- The Reading Teacher
- School Arts
- Scholastic Teacher
- Science & Children (K-5)
- Science Scope (6-8)
- Social Studies and the Young Learner (Print only)
- Teaching Children Mathematics (K-6)
- Teaching Pre-k-8
- YC-Young Children (Early Childhood Edu)
You can search for journal articles in Primo and library databases (see databases tab).
Finding Journal Articles: detailed instructions for finding and accessing electronic and print journal articles.
Finding Journal Articles By Journal Title in Primo
- Open E-Journals Search
- Search for the Journal’s Title.
- Click on the Journal title in the search results.
- Search inside the journal for keywords on the journal page.
Use these search techniques to locate Primary Research inside databases.
- Add the following row of keywords to your search: (methods AND results) OR methodology OR “case study” OR “this study” OR “a study”. You will want to copy and paste this entire row of keywords into its own search box.
Important! From your list of results, you will still need to examine each article to see if it is primary research.
- Filter by Document Type: on the Advanced Search page choose Case Study under Document Type or Publication Type. In ProQuest Education Journals, it looks like this:
All of these results are generally primary research articles, but not all primary research is a case study, so you will likely be missing some primary research articles on your topic by searching this way.
- In ERIC database, you can choose “Reports – All” and/or “Reports – Research” under Publication Type.
Many subject specialties and states have their own professional organizations.
- Association of American Educators (AAE)
- Lutheran Education Association (LEA)
- National Association for Music Education (NAFME)
- National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET)
- National Business Education Association (NBEA)
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM)
- National Educators Association (NEA)
- Michigan Education Association (MEA)
Data & Policy
- Americans with Disabilities Act
Current law text with revisions
- Cornell Legal Dictionary Education Page
legal history and federal and state cases
- Safe Supportive Learning
School discipline laws organized by state
- Education Commission of the States (ECS) Michigan Guide
Michigan education laws & policies organized by topic (1996 – 2016)
Click on the video and the CC icon for captions.